PAX: Wedding Singer, Olan Mills, Toga, Blackwidow, Venus, Hugs Not Drugs
QIC: Boone’s Farm
Disclaimer and mosey to the BHS track for 1 lap warm-up for work on football field:
My kids are training for their Tai Kwon Do black belts, and in addition to all the kicks, etc there is other physical accomplishments that they are training for so the PAX had the chance to participate with some add-ins:
- SSHx25 IC
- sprint to 50 yard line
- sprint to opposite end zone
- sprint back to 50
- sprint back to end zone
- RnR for 8 total rounds
Had to cut off after 8 rounds for time, Mosey to start
Announcements: Umbrella 12 days of Christmas meet at top of parking deck for Racetrack. Prayers for Wedding Singer’s daughter and uncle with COVID. Continued prayers for Umbrella’s family.
Thankful Advent gives us opportunity to reflect on promises fulfilled and also look toward yet to come. Our hope is not in princes but the One who is truly unshakable regardless of circumstance.
Always an honor to lead.
PAX: Boone’s Farm, Penny Loafers, Nurse Ratched, Hugs Not Drugs, Toga (QIC)
Gloom Factor: 70 and Sunny
Five fought off the signs of a chilly, blustery morning to get a little better in the gloom. Here’s how it went down:
Mosey to BHS track for warmarama then head to the goal line for THE BEAST with tiny animal interludes. It went like this:
- Complete 6 merkins at the 25, 50, 25, touch the goal line and repeat on the way back. Broadjumps/Kangaroo hops back and forth in the end zone 4x
- Round 2= Jump Squats and Bear crawls 4x
- Round 3= WWII and duck walks 4x
- Round 4= Something and gorilla walks 4x
- Round 5= Lunges and Inch Worm merkins 4x
- Round 6= burpees
Indigenous People’s Run back to the flag and Mary till time expired.
Announcements and Prayer Concerns:
- Kids and teachers finishing out the first half
- Nurse’s coworker’s father having brain surgery
- YHC is stepping down as AOQ and we are entering the dawn of the Boone’s Farm regime. Long live the AOG!
NMM: It’s good to know that the PAX reads Slack prior to arrival. Everyone brought coffee mugs and Boone’s even thought YHC was signaling him to bring coffee. Which resulted in 2 carafes of coffee floating around. Good problems to have!
PAX: Wedding Singer, Hugs not Drugs, Razor/Venus, Olan Mills, Toga (QIC), Boone’s Farm, Not a Sport
Gloom Factor: 70 and sunny
Lucky number seven posted for a little fun at GWP in the gloom. The PAX was warned that there would be a renewed focus on the mighty pull-up, and they weren’t disappointed.
Mosey to GWP for WOR then head over to the monkey bars for pull-up clinic that went down like this:
- Determine your max number of real pull-ups. No, not the knee jerking, cross-fit butterfly or half arm extension varieties. We’re talking about slow return, fully extended, head hang pull-ups. Once you know that, plan to do half or 1/3 of that # for 6 rounds.
- Execute pull-ups, 10 strict form merkins while making meaningful/socially distanced eye contact with your partner, and 10 WWII
- Repeato x5
Mosey to parking lot and keep partners. P1 runs half the lot while P2 bear crawls the same loop. Keep the distance with the team doing bear crawls, lunges and braid jump burpees until the loop is completed.
Mosey back to the lot for Mary Fest 2020. The PAX hit 10-12 exercises until time expired.
NMM: Many families are dealing with illness as a result of Rona and life in general. Prayers for healing and faith.
QIC: Boone’s Farm
- SSH x20
- BAC x10 F/R
- Squats x10
- Merkins x10
- Scorpion x10
Mosey to GWP path stopping periodically along the way for:
- Burpees x10
- Iron Mikes x20
- American Hammers x30
- Pull-ups x10
- Merkins x20
- LBC x30
- Squat Jumps x10
- Mountain Climbers x20
- Flutters x30 IC
- RnR x3
All in, finished with indigenous peoples run back to parking lot. Prayers for Wedding Singers uncle with COVID in hospital, Nurse.Ratchet, co-worker Dad with mass behind eye, traveling safety and difficult family conversations over thanksgiving, particularly this year.
Great work by all to get the week started right.
Lucky number seven posted for some fun in the gloom. Here’s how it went down:
PAX: Wedding Singer, Umbrella, Toga (QIC), Offshore, Penny Loafers, Nurse Ratched, Olan Mills
Gloom Factor: Seventy and sunny, per usual
Quick disclaimer then mosey to GWP for warmarama then execute the following:
- Lindsay reps with Muscle Ups and LBCs between the baseball fields (Note: Lindsay = reps totaling 40, start with 30/10, 25/15, 20/20, 15/25, 10/30)
- Sevens with pull-ups and swing rollouts (think ab roller but with swings)
- Lindsay with dips and knee ups on the swings
- Lindsay with curls and WWII
Indigenous People’s run back to the flag.
COT with YHC taking us out.
- Friday happy hr ruck
- New book study started last week (see 3rd F) and it’s not to late to join