After a successful summer Ironclad that saw many men launch themselves headlong into accelerating and invigorating their own lives and the lives of those in their communities, the beginning of the New Year marks the perfect time to carry this over through the cold, uncomfortable winter. Oh! that glorious winter! A time when most would be quick to let a little temperature drop or some frozen precipitation keep them in bed, but also a time when those of the Ironclad ilk choose to face, and, quite possibly, enjoy the challenge a little cool weather brings. Thus, I present to you Ironclad: Double Glove Edition.
Should you choose to accept the challenge, between Jan 1, 2019 – Mar 31, 2019, you must complete the following:
1st F – The Magnet – Improve your Fitness
- Post 40 times (avg. 3/week), five of which must be in temps below 32 degrees.
- Post five times at “AwayOs” (workouts you don’t normally attend)
- Q three times (once/month)
2nd F – The Glue – Strengthen your Fellowship
- Attend at least three 2nd F events (lunches, happy hours, etc.)
- Attend eight coffeeterias (or stick around in the case of tailgate coffeeteria)
- Bring one FNG or Kotter (3 bonus posts awarded for any of the following: My Cousin Vinnie, Ray Finkle, 5 Star).
3rd F – The Dynamite - Make an Impact
- Participate in two 3rd F opportunities. This can be a study of religious text, going through Q Source, community service, or some other opportunity that involves thinking outside of your own interests.
- Read one book on leadership (>200 pages) or Freed to Lead.
Additionally, you must complete one CSAUP in the 13-week period. This can be a 5K, triathlon, Spartan race, GORUCK challenge, etc. Alternatively, you can complete one “Polar Plunge,” i.e., full submersion in a body of water outdoors (in Greater Nashville only). The Nashville leadership team will organize an opportunity to plunge as a group, but any plunge counts.
For successful completion of all requirements of the 2019 Ironclad: Double Glove Edition, you will be eligible to purchase a custom Ironclad shirt* to show off at your next workout.
*Subject to minimum order requirement of 12. Price will be in the range of $24-27 and likely coincide with a spring F3 Nashville shirt order if you want to combine shipping with other items
Submit this form by 11:59 CST on 1/7/2019.
A FEW NOTES:
- YHC along with F3 Nashville’s Weasel Shaker, T-Cell, will be tracking participation with the help of 1st F Q Bagger Vance. 2nd and 3rd F will be on the honor system, and you are responsible for updating your standings on the “Ironclad DG19” tab of the Q Signup Sheet.
- Participation in regularly scheduled workouts will be tracked through the Stats form filled out by either the Workout Q or AOQ (mandatory). Additionally, if you Q a workout, it is your responsibility to post a backblast, ideally within 24 hours. If you need access to post, contact our COMZ Q, Hambone.
- Solo Q’s for the Willy Lomans among us count toward your overall post total but do not count toward your AwayO total. Posting at other regions’ AOs do count toward AwayO total.
- If you organize a Black Ops workout, Ruck opportunity, etc., that is not regularly scheduled, please fill out the Stats form using “Black Ops” as the AO and post a backblast to ensure everyone receives credit.
- Rucking or running before a regular workout should be considered as one post for tracking purposes.
- 2nd F will be handled with a list and/or photo of PAX in attendance posted to Slack.
- I would encourage you all as grown men to use your best judgement if you have questions about what does and doesn’t count. However, I will be happy to answer questions as they arise. You know where to find me.
Looking forward to turning up the heat this winter!