14 PAX were welcomed back to the best AO in Nashville and treated to a ciabatta breakfast with a side of comeback sauce. Conditions were prime, spirits were high, and the playlist was extraordinary.
QIC: Princess Aurora
PAX: Bad Boy, Bareback, Black Lung, Covenant Eyes, Crablegs, Crawlspace, Cunning Linguist, Drago, D-Frost, Hi-Viz, Toothless, T-Cell, Vector
Kicked off the tunes with “Welcome Back” and issued the disclaimer before taking off on a medium mosey up and around the “Nip” and back with various forms of shuffles, high knees, and butt kickers along the way.
Posted up in the upper lot for COP:
- SSH x 10
- SnL Squats x 10
- Half-Groiners x 10
- Merkins x 10
- LBAC F/R x 10
Following the warm apps, it was time for the main course. Today’s special was C.O.M.E.B.A.C.K. ciabatta, a tabata-esque dose of exercises, new, old, and twisted. PAX performed rounds of 30 seconds on and 10 seconds off for each of the following exercises, completing five rounds each before moving on to the next one:
- Colonel Dans (Lt. Dan has moved up his way up through the ranks – jump lunge each side, followed by deep squat into a tuck jump)
- Overhead Squats
- Angelfaces (prone position, with arms in front of you, perform snow angel motion with arms only, enjoy the shoulder burn)
- Kickbacks (quadruped position, with knee still bent, drive heel up into air and squeeze that glute)
Feeling pretty full, PAX head down to lower lot to enjoy their dessert of a pair of sprints to the top of the driveway. Mostly gassed, PAX circle up in the usual spot for a digestif of Mary to the sweet sounds of “Don’t Look Back in Anger” by Oasis, all exercises OYO:
- LBCs x 25
- Scissor Kicks x 25
- Toe Touches x 25
- Butterfly Crunches x 25
- Plank and point, alternating each arm going forward until end of song
COT/COMAD (Circle of Man Appropriately-Distanced)
Just a few notes and highlights from the day.
- Drago continues to add to his mystique by parking in the upper lot even when he’s early
- Fascinating look into Black Lung’s current research as well as his life choices for those who closed out coffeeteria
- T-claps to Bareback and Cunning Linguist for sponsoring coffeeteria with the Charboxes
- TAPs for sick and injured and for family additions.
- As you continue to get back out to workout, please reach out to someone to whom you haven’t spoken in a while. The last few months have been damaging in many ways apart from the virus, especially to those struggling with loneliness and addiction. Find ways to be grateful, and, if you are experiencing something difficult yourself, please ask for help or guidance.
It’s good to be back.