Conditions: 77 and muggy
QIC: Pumpkin Spice
PAX: Bad Boy, Bagger Vance, Bareback, Black Lung, Bicentennial Man, Big Pharm, Crablegs, Crawlspace, Cub Cadet, Dewey, Firefox, Hambone, Harvey Updike, Hi Viz, Lunch Lady, Porcelain, Right Said, Tiny Dancer, Toothless, Trapper Keeper, Vector
YHC delivered a disclaimer, with the additional component that I recently injured my heel and, as such, we would not be running or jumping for the workout — celebrations were present and short-lived.
The PAX circled up at the shovelflag for some WOR.
- LBAC x 15
- rLBAC x 15
- Moroccan Night Clubs x 15
- WMH x 15
The PAX then moseyed the few feet over to the base of the hill leading towards the stop sign. We ruminated on the best means to reach the top of the hill, and we unanimously decided that the Crawlbear (AKA The Backwards Bearcrawl, AKA The Gemini) was our best option. PAX did flutter kick and wait for the Six at the top of the hill. We then Lieutenant Dan’ed our way down the hill to the entrance.
PAX paired up as we walked over to the playground for the main event. As this marks the start of my final year of “HATE” in the COT, this was a HATE-themed workout. Each PAX would individually do 100 pull-ups, focusing on proper form. The main event worked as follows:
- One PAX does a set of 12 pull-ups while the other does a core exercise until their partner finishes their set of 12
- The PAX flapjack and continue to flapjack until 8 sets of 12 pull-ups are completed by each, finishing with a set of 4 done together
- The core exercises done while partners are doing pull-ups are as follows
- H – Happy Crunchy Frogs
- A – American Hammers
- T – Two-count Flutter Kicks
- E – Extenders (basically the leg portion of a Happy Crunch Frog)
- The HATE exercises were cycled through twice to account for the eight sets of pull-ups
After completing the main event, the PAX did some walking side squats back to the shovelflag for some additional Mary.
- High Plank Jack x 1 minute
- Helly Dolly x 1 minute
- Mountain Climbers x 1 minute
- 6-inch hold x 1 minute
- 5 Burpee buy out
- The initial excitement for no running was quickly expunged by the ensuing lengthy uphill crawlbear. Debates were had regarding who can bear crawl the fastest — is it Lunch Lady? Crablegs? Dilly Dilly? It sounds like there may need to be a special event to know for sure
- As is my habit, I repeatedly emphasized the importance of proper form with exercises. It is OK to modify as needed if you physically cannot do something — it is not OK to do something halfway just because you are tired and want to cut a corner. If you are finishing first and not doing the full reps/exercise, then your modification should be more difficult.
- Pray for Boone’s Farm, who was hospitalized after he suddenly passed out. He is now home and recovering
- Pray for D Frost, his M, and their first 2.0 welcomed into the world just a week ago
- Many great events coming up, including Libeery, Yuck Ruck, 5-year Nashville F3-aversary, Picnic at Porcelain’s, and more — see the various Slack channels for details
– Pumpkin Spice