13 PAX including one FNG from 4:13 Strong got down with Dora and Four Corners today at The Stronghold. What was supposed to be a co-Q turned into a full Q by YHC after failing to connect with Preacherman on the plan. He’s busy doing the Lord’s work, so all is forgiven.
QIC: Princess Aurora,
PAX: Preacherman, Toga, Red Skull, Killmonger (FNG), Sinestro (Wakey Wakey?), Darkseid, Venom, Pop-A-Lock, Wolverine, Porcelain, CAPSLock, Nightcrawler
0529 and there’s only 3 residents in sight. 0530 and the bus starts rolling to objections and cries of “wait, there’s still guys not out here yet.” Sorry, but we gotta move!
Circle back for the stragglers and head over to basketball court for COP, all exercises IC:
- SSH x 20
- SnL Squats x 15
- Merkins x 10
- Plank Jacks x 10
- LBACs F x 15, 20″ hold, R x 15
Mosey back over to the path to explain a modified version of Dora 1-2-3. Instead of the usual rep count, PAX were to do half, so 50, 100, and 150 of Merkins, LBCs, and Squats. Plank for six.
Back to the basketball court to distribute ourselves evenly for a four corners escalator. Alternate Lunge Walk and Bear Crawl between corners, stopping for 5, 10, 15, and 20 Burpees. Reverse plank for six.
Line up for an Indian Run, and get moving. Once everybody has gone, line up again for a Backwards Indian Run, with the “sprinter” running forward on his turn. Wall Sits to wait for six. With everybody back, get back in Wall Sit position for a Nightcrawler quick 20-ct. Quick break and then back down, but this time with heels up and hold for a slow 30-ct by Sinestro.
Aaaaand back to the basketball court for 8MOM led by YHC with help from Darkseid, Nightcrawler, and Wolverine. Flutter Kicks, LBCs, Pretzel Crunches, Merkins, and Parker Peters were in order.
- Once again, it was a great experience working out with the men of 4:13 Strong. It was good to see a few of them really pushing themselves hard. Tclaps to Toga for hanging back to motivate the six. We know it wasn’t just because of the knee.
- Having not been able to reach my co-Q, I was glad to have a few standbys to pull out, and I actually appreciated having to think a little more on my feet. It’s very different from the usual meticulously-planned, themed workouts with acronyms and stories behind everything.
- Welcome to FNG Killmonger, another guy from the program. Also, for some odd reason, Sinestro motioned to change his name to Wakey Wakey. Hard no.
- Ironclad Challenge officially begins TOMORROW. If you’ve yet to sign up here, do it now. I’ll accept late entries until June 8, though I see absolutely no reason why you shouldn’t have signed up by now if you’re going to do so.
- Prayers for these 4:13 guys to really make the most of their time in the program and give Red Skull their utmost attention. A true desire to be better men is within them.
- Prayers for those dealing with cancer and other maladies either themselves or in their families.
- Stonewall is moving to 0600 start this Saturday, June 2.
- 3rd F opportunity supporting Oasis Center on June 23 at Crievewood Baptist. See #3rdF on Slack and Dupree for details.
- Brew Ruck benefitting Second Harvest (and our beer bellies) will roll out from Fat Bottom at noon on 7/21. Be on the lookout for a registration form as well as 2nd F opportunities leading up to the event to support the participating breweries in getting donations. Hit me up with questions.
- If you haven’t marked 9/15 and 9/22 on your calendar, please do so. The former will be a 4th Anniversary convergence, and the latter is a super special, one-time CSAUP; it’s a long-expected party that I’m really excited about. Free event patch to the first person to guess the theme and message me on Slack.
- Ruckers considering the Star Course 50-Miler in Cincinnati on 10/5. Check the rucking channel.
- Tclaps if you’ve made it this far. How about all of these bolded words!?