Q: morning star
PAX: Sooie, Timber, The Banker, morning star, G-string (Eli Kresta), El Capitan, AAA, Pebbles, bumble bee (co-Q, 2.0), big red (2.0)
CONDITIONS: pleasant and overcast with lightning on the horizon … clear by end of the workout
WARMUP: LBCs, Egyptian, Hip rotations, Angle rotations while on one foot, SSH, Imperial Walkers, Imaginary jump rope.
Part 1: mobility burpees in cadence (morning star)
The movement is:
1. stretch up to the sky,
2. move into hip hinge (flat back, butt back, hamstrings in tension) – 5 second countdown
3. down with hands, step back into plank – flex glutes and core
4. right arm to the sky for 3 count, switch to left arm for another 3 count
5. back to plank, then slow push up down
6. 3 breast strokes
7. slow push up up
8. shoulder taps
9. step forward into a goblet squat, stretch the hips by shifting to the right and left
10. explode up to a jump from goblet, aim to do a vertical plank (flex core and glutes)
Mosey around the backstop
Part 2 – circuits + creative burpees (bumble bee)
8 creative burpees: star jump to plank to push up to rotate to the right (where you’re looking at the sky), back to plank, rotate to the left, up again
8 count of the following exercises in cadence:
– jump squats
– star jumps
– air presses
– apple pickers
Do as many creative burpees as you can in 2 minutes (do a push up and dip on every rotation).
Part 3: soccer
If you score, your team does 4 jump squats
If you get scored on, your team does 8 jump squats
If the lantern falls that’s placed at the center line falls over: 5 burpees for everyone
MARY: Count-o-roma and name-o-roma while in plank
– off the books workout at Red Caboose next wed
– TN Tussle competition (check with @the banker if you want more info)
– night moves evening workout followed by secondF event next week, check slack
– Consider the pace of your life. Is it smooth or erratic? Challenge to all PAX to reflect on this and consider how to add more smoothness and flow into their daily routine.
– I as a man sometimes have trouble naming what I want and need. Yet, that is so important for me in my growth and acceleration. Each PAX was encouraged to consider a situation in their life and then consider what kind of man they wanted to be in that situation. What virtue do you want to embody?
– PAX shared the virtue they wanted to embody if they were willing and YHC blessed all the men to go out and embody those. Each one of us is capable.
Very much enjoyed the conversation during coffeeteria. Appreciate you men bringing your whole selves to each workout. Love your hearts!