A new record PAX count for the new iiiP location (5) turned out this morning to take part in a journey down the Oregon Trail.
PAX: Crablegs, En Fuego, High Flyer, River Dawg
Conditions: Excellent temperature and relatively low humidity, sunrise was an 8/10, field grass freshly cut
Decent amount of stretching while waiting on the PAX to assemble, gave an extra 2 for the sake of those coming in hot.
- 20 x SSH
- 25 x High Knees
- 25 x Butt Kickers
- 8 x Jump Squats
- 10 x Willy Mays Hayes
- 10 x Windmills
- 10 x Whatever You Need
Starting at old Independence, MO, the PAX loaded their gear into their wagons with 30 Squats every minute on the minute (EMOM) for 5 minutes.
Once the wagons were loaded, the PAX completed a roughly 30 yard Ox Crawl. That’s a newly coined exercise just for today consisting of 10 Bear Crawl steps capped with 5 Merkins per one rep – PAX did 5 reps.
After all of that traveling, it was time to go hunting and gather some food. Pax took off on a 1/3 mile Indian Run around the field, ending at the Balance Beams.
The PAX were then struck with DIPtheria and proceeded to complete:
- 30 x Dips EMOM for 5 mins = 150 total Dips
- 40 x LBC’s EMOM for 5 mins = 200 total LBC’s
It was time for more grub, so the PAX took off for a rarely used modification of the Indian Run called the Scout Run. This is where the front runner picks a spot ahead of the group (~15yds away) and sprints there before returning to the back of the line of PAX. This continued around the 1/3 mile loop ending opposite STARTEX.
The PAX were almost to Oregon, but they had to cross a river first. First the PAX completed 50 Merkins to make sure everything was packed down good and tight before making the crossing.
PAX proceeded to cross the river with:
- 50 x Four Count Flutter Kicks
- 50 x Australian Snow Angels
RIVER Dawg gave us a 15 count, which was enough time for the water to rise and begin washing away one of the wagons. PAX had to complete 20 Burpees quickly to rescue the supplies before they were washed away with the wagon.
PAX then ran back to STARTEX with a short Indian Run
Time was running short, but the PAX circled around the campfire and called out an exercise to do 5 reps of. The mumblechatter spiked here as some of the PAX wanted to start the countoff prematurely.
- 5 x Big Boy Situps
- 5 x Happy Crunchy Frogs (Happy Crunchy Trail Mix)
- 5 x LBC’s
- 5 x Freddy Mercury’s
- 5 x American Flutters
COT/COMAD (Circle of Man Appropriately-Distanced)
- Prayers for our city and nation as we deal with the chaos – know that your brothers are here for you if you just need to talk or do something to take a break
- Thanks to the PAX this morning the Q sheet is filled up for the next few weeks, but let me know if you want to grab a spot as the time will come quickly. The PAX have enjoyed the new location, and I’m looking forward to further introductions of our regular Tuesday crew.
As always, it was an honor to lead!