Location: III Pillars
Conditions: 50s and wet
QIC: Pumpkin Spice
PAX: Cowboy, Crablegs, Crawlspace, En Fuego, High Flyer, Money Shot, Right Said, Toothless
We made our way up to the track, did a single loop, then circled up for some WOR:
- SSH x 54
- WMH x 10
- LBAC x 10
- rLBAC x 10
- Mahomes Night Clubs x 10
- Chinook x 10
After getting sufficiently warm, the PAX received instructions for the Main Event, in honor of the recent Kansas City Chiefs victory in Super Bowl 54. I don’t know about you, but I for one think Andy Reid deserved the heck out of a Super Bowl win.
The PAX would perform 50 of each CHIEFS exercise, followed by 4 labs around the track:
- High Knees (each leg 1/2)
- Imperial Walkers (each leg 1/2)
- Freddie Mercuries (each leg 1/2)
After completing the first round, the PAX moved on to a second round with different symbolic numbers. The Chiefs had to come from behind, or what some might call, an incline. Moreover, they ultimately went on to defeat the 49ers, so the PAX did 40 of each of the following exercises each, followed by 9 labs around the track — Chiefs Indian Run style:
- incline Clerkins
- incline High Knees
- incline Imperial Walkers
- Freddie Mercuries
After the two rounds of exercises and over 1.5 miles of running, the PAX moved over to the jungle gym to each complete 5+4 perfect Pull-ups.
We then moseyed back to the Shovelflag and that was it!
- T-claps to Crablegs for the idea to incorporate the Indian Run into the 9 labs of the second round. I should have known I could count on the King of Puns to facilitate such an appropriate improvement to the workout.
- Side Strattle Hops last night may have proven too much for one PAX. The last lap of the Indian Run nearly caused a Pilsner Puke (or perhaps it did, there were no witnesses, so who could ever know??)
- Coffeteria included some fascinating ideas surrounding an impending Fi-beery, as the merits of passive and active investing were discussed — materialization of this event TBD.
- Libeery coming up on March 10th at Fat Bottom Brewery. The book is “Essentialism”. Time TBD, but likely 7pm-ish
- We continue to pray for Siri, Bad Boy, and Hipster as they recover from injuries/surgeries
– Pumpkin Spice