7 PAX at The Skunk took a stab at this week’s IronPax challenge. It stabbed back.
QIC: Princess Aurora
PAX: Foxtrot-Talks-A-Lot, Cowboy, Venus, Big Stick, Money Shot, T-Cell
Mosey down the path and around the perimeter of the soccer field, tracing what would be our 400,for the main event, and back to the infield near our start point. COP, all IC:
- SSH x 20
- Merkins x 10
- Mountain Climbers x 10
- LBACs F x 10
- Seal Claps x 10
- Overhead Claps x 10
- Air Press x 10
- LBAC R x 10
- SnL Squats x 10
Thoroughly warm, it was time to introduce everyone to the IronPax Challenge. For the month of August, F3 Greenwood is running a weekly challenge for F3 Nation. Complete the challenge, submit your time/score, and at the end of the month, a champion will be crowned. This week’s challenge was a wonderful start.
4 rounds for time:
- 50 Air Squats
- 40 Big Boy Sit-ups
- 30 Merkins
- 20 Bonnie Blairs aka Jump Lunges (both legs=1 rep)
- 10 Burpees
- 400m run
After demonstrating the proper standard for executing each exercise completely, the pain commenced. Roughly 27 minutes later, all PAX were finished and sucking wind.
With that, it was time for Mary. It was mostly a blur, but there were some LBCs, Plank variations, and some WMHs and Good Mornings to stretch it out.
- This was my maiden voyage at The Skunk, and it was good to be with these guys. Probably helped that T-Cell helped to inject a little Westside flavor to the mix. Hope to visit again soon!
- For any of you doing this challenge for the first time, prep your mind for the Bonnie Blairs. 20 each leg is no joke when your heart rate is already 160+ and you’ve still got a 400 ahead of you. Then you’ve got to do them 3 more times.
- Cowboy has a black eye and a really cool story of how he got it. Ask him.
- As mentioned above, the IronPax challenge is live. Follow @F3IronPax to keep up-to-date on challenges and learn how to submit your results.
- Friendly Friday this week. Get those Sad Clowns out!
- Ironclad Challenge wraps up this month. We’ve got a few guys wrapped up already, some well on their way, and others I’m not quite sure remember signing up. Finish strong!
- Labor Day and 9/11 will be here before we know it. Plan on committing to some special Qs.
- GrowRuck in Memphis the weekend of 9/22. There are still spots left, so sign up here. We need some Nashville representation!