Twas a beautiful morning to celebrate F3 Nashville’s 4th anniversary, and, if you ask the 33 PAX who posted at Stonewall, they’ll tell you as much.
On September 13, 2014, a Charlotte man named Uncle Q’d the first workout at Sevier Park and thus began something life-changing in Nashville. Over the next few months, many men posted, some for their first workout and others who hadn’t missed since day 1. To honor some of the guys there in the infancy of F3 Nashville, YHC put together a Q-list and some greatest hits to celebrate.
QIC: Hi-Viz, Probe, T-Cell, Torch (Blood Clot proxy), Princess Aurora, Bad Boy
PAX: Funyuns, Zoolander, Crablegs, Bagger Vance, Tortoise, Big Bang, Care Bear, Bartman, Harvey Updyke, Dupree, Third Degree, Electron, Boyband fka Skidmark, Cowboy, Right Said, Bicentennial Man, Foggy Pirate, Big Stick, Foxtrot Talks A Lot, Black Lung (LIFO), Grisham, Pop-A-Lock, Hambone, Umbrella, Shootah, Waterboy, Vector
After a perfectly executed disclaimer by YHC, Viz took the PAX off on a medium mosey over to the Community Center parking lot for a little COP:
- SnL Squats
- LBAC F/R
Broke out a classic with the Merkin pyramid. PAX perform 1 Merkin on “down” count followed by 1 Air Press. 2 Merkins, 2 Air Presses…10 Merkins, 10 Air Presses, and all the way back down to 1. Let’s just say everybody’s merkin form deteriorated by the time we started going back down. A lot.
Mosey over to the soccer field for some sprint work. 50 Dan Jansens. Sprint goal to goal. 25 Squats. Sprint goal to goal. 50 Ski Jumps. Sprint goal to goal.
Mosey up to the tennis courts for Hell in a T-Cell. Line up across the sidelines for suicides. All PAX begin at the same time and keep repeating the pattern until time is called.
- Round 1: Standard running
- Round 2: Standard running
- Round 3: Broad Jump out, backpedal in
- Round 4: AYG Sprint to the last line and back
PAX braced themselves for the Blood Clot special they knew was coming. BURPEE APOCALYPSE. Burpees beginning at 10 and working all the way down to 1. This was followed by continuous SSH and dropping down for three Burpees each time down was called. 5ish rounds. Ended this session the only way we could: Double Shot of Jack x 12.
Mosey over to the base of Sunnyside Hill for a modified F3 staple: Sevens. Run up to the path, Clerkins at the top, back to the start, Jump Squats. Simple, yet effective.
Mosey to the parking lot to break in the brand new F3 Deck of Cards. My memory is getting a little hazy at this point, but I believe we drew the following:
- 25 Burpees
- 50 Squats
- 25 Plank Jacks
Hi-Viz (pt 2)
Closed it out with 5MOM.
- Flutter Kicks
- Hello Dollies
- Plank progression
It’s truly an honor to be a part of this great brotherhood we call F3 and to have the opportunity to lead you. There were faces I’d never seen, faces I hadn’t seen in a while, and face I’ve been seeing consistently these last 4 years. I’m glad to know that each one of them belongs to a man who is committed to bettering himself for the sake of his community. The G-School that followed was a great opportunity to discuss how to more fully engage each one of you and reach those we’ve yet to reach, and I’m very confident that we’ll be seeing a lot more new faces this time next year. But hopefully not Blood Clot’s.
- T-Cell has instituted a monthly program called The Twelfth Man. Starting this month and rotating monthly, a PAX will own sharing leadership lessons and planning an opportunity to hear from local leaders. See T-Cell for more details.
- A couple of launches are forthcoming. The official launch of The Trident down at Seven Springs and The Pound coming later this month, Thursdays in Nolensville.
- Please continue to pray for the family and community of Darth Visor and those down in F3 Alpha and Cherokee where he posted.
- We are asking Q’s to always make sure there is a phone in the group in case of emergency, especially when you are away from the starting point. Additionally, Bagger has reached out to a few of our PAX in medicine to coordinate a sort of condensed version of the Basic Life Support class. The idea is that this will not be an official class for which you receive certification, but it will provide enough knowledge to be dangerous in the event of an emergency.
- As always, and especially for Darth Visor, Go Tigers.