14 PAX in Attendance: CheezWhiz, Soccer Mom, Udder, Stats, Creeper, ShowMe, Numbtucks, Netflix (Welcome back!), MuRSA, Sterno, Tebow, Typo+, TVGuide & Tercer Grado (3rd Degree) (QiC)
Numbtucks and YHC came early for a 10 burpee on the minute for 10 minutes pre-party. Awesome playlist, Numbtux. Way better than Enya, also way more explicit EARMUFFS! Eventually 13 PAX came in and we got (kept) rolling.
Jam Box provided by MuRSA, playlist by YHC. BG music included AudioSlave, LeCrae, Tripp Lee, Van Halen, TobyMac, West Coast Revival, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin.
Mosey the dark streets of N’ville to NES basketball court (~0.3mi). CheezWhiz rolls up out of the gloom at this point so 14 PAX total.
Warm-Up with Van Halen (Dance the Night away, “Love in the Third Degree”, get it?!?!?!):
- Obligatory (JK) 25 SSH
- 10 Tempo Squats
- 10 Tempo Merks
- 10 Imperial Walkers
- 30 seconds GM OYO
Mosey to Nolensville Elementary School Pain-ground (~0.3 mi) for 9s
- Swerkins (Swing Merkins)
MOT: lunge walk back and forth
Explain Tabata (20 seconds maximal effort of whatever is called, followed by 10 seconds rest) Outline: Sprint, rest, Exercise, rest, back to Sprinting toward the original side of the field, etc. Rinse and Repeat X 3 Songs (8 rounds total per 4 minute song)
We did: SSH, Merkins, Imperial Walkers & Squats to Tabata Songs Playlist played through BT speaker carried back and forth across the field with Q.
Playlist: UpTown Funk, Smells like Teen Spirit, Rocky Theme (12 minutes total of Tabata)
Mosey Back to Nolensville Park
Not enough time for the bridge, but plenty of time for more WORK!
- 4 IC SSH and 2 burpees. 8 or 9 rounds. Could tell by everyone’s faces that everyone loved this. Don’t worry, we’ll bring it back!
What?! Over already? The fun was just starting…to be continued at The Forge!
- Word of the Day: Endurance/Perseverence
- 36 For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. 37 For,
“Yet a little while,
and the coming one will come and will not delay;
38 but my righteous one shall live by faith,
and if he shrinks back,
my soul has no pleasure in him.”
39 But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.
- If you can and haven’t already, shoot some cash (suggested $5) to Tebow on Venmo for Coffeeteria (which has been very well-attended!)
- Also, what if any interest is there in buying a portable Bluetooth speaker for F3Nolensville general use? If enough folks would incorporate it into their Qs, it may be worth everyone chipping in. Suggestion Box Wide Open.
- KEEP POSTING! Great to see guys who were FNGs just recently sticking with it and getting better/faster/stronger. Iron Sharpens Iron.
Love getting to lead these HIMs.
Until next time,