4 PAX shook off the firework haze to get served up a little bit of Wimbledon in some soupy conditions.
QIC: Princess Aurora
PAX: Brother-at-law, Magellan (FNG), Pocket Chicken (LIFO)
Brief mosey around the community center and into “The Cage” for a COP in the service box.
- SSH x 15
- SnL Squats x 10
- WMH x 10
- LBAC F x 10
- Randys x 10
- Overhead Presses x 10
- LBAC R x 10
Nice and warm, it was time to bust out the McEnroe, a combination of the Daisy Chain and R.O.S.E. Beginning at the net, PAX lateral shuffle to the baseline, jog forward to center service line, shuffle back to the net, jog forward to doubles sideline, shuffle to baseline, cross over to the next court, and repeat pattern on court 2, then on the other side of the net.
With the PAX familiarized to the Daisy Chain route, PAX perform the R.O.S.E: 5 reps each of Reverse Crunches, Overhead Squats, SSH, and E2K (ea side). Follow that with one run of the Daisy Chain and plank for six to complete one McEnroe. Repeat two more rounds, adding 5 reps to each exercise each round.
Slowsy over to and down the big driveway to an acceptable point for a half-Dora: Merkins x 50, LBCs x 100, and Squats x 150 with a run up to the stone gates at the entrance.
Back over at the crowd of picnic tables, PAX set up for a round of DIDs at 15, 10, 5. RnR. Then over to the swingset for Underdogs x 15 x 2.
Quick step over to the lot for Mary consisting of Flutters x 10 and Alabama Prom Dates x 10.
This was definitely a post-4th hangover workout as evidenced by the low numbers and general groaning and moaning (maybe that was just me?) during a relatively moderate workout.
Welcome to FNG Magellan, a driving EH from the previous day’s convergence. Having heard about F3 through someone he was helping move, he sought us out at Bicentennial after he saw a bunch of (obviously fit) men ascending and descending Capitol Hill. An Uber driver, music enthusiast, and former HR dude with a few moves under his belt, this guy’s been all over the map like our boy, Magellan!
- Prayers for Magellan’s friend, Glenn, who is battling cancer.
- Safety for all traveling PAX and healing for the injured.
- July 20 – Potluck Cookout hosted by Porcelain
- July 23 – Libeery at Fat Bottom Brewing- Crablegs will be leading the discussion on Cal Newport’s Digital Minimalism. Reading is not a prerequisite for attendance
- July 27 – Nightpath – Night ruck CSAUP at Percy Warner.
- August 17 – Yuck Ruck – Social Ruck/Community Service. Trash pickup followed by beer and fellowship at a local watering hole.
- September 14 – F3 Nashville 5th Anniversary at Sevier Park – where it all began. Special guests from F3 Nation will be in town, so you don’t want to miss it. Mark your calendars as the goal is 100+ PAX in attendance. Be a part of F3 Nashville history!
- October 19 – TNCANRUCK 002 – Social Ruck/Community Service. Ruck across Nashville stopping at select breweries and bars to pick up canned good donations and deliver them to Second Harvest. Last year’s event ended with 700 lbs of donations. This year’s goal is 1,000 lbs.