39 PAX, including one FNG, converged at St. Paul Christian Academy, home of III Pillars, to celebrate 8 years of F3 Nashville with a workout and to knight our knewest Knantan, Michelin Man.
Conditions: Positively sublime
QIC: Oatmeal, Pedialyte, Princess Aurora*, Sooner
PAX: Bad Boy, Bagger Vance, Bareback, Black Widow, Blindside (WL-KNX)*, Boone’s Farm, Breadsticks, Caddyshack, Detective Pikachu, Flying Monkey, Formica, Gov’t Mule*, Grape (LIFO), Grisham, Haggis (FNG), Hipster, It’s Just Lunch, Michelin Man, Moneyshot, Movin’ On Up, NFT, Offshore, Pole Dancer, Ponzi, Ranch Hand*, Right Said, Screwball, Siri, Supernova*, T-Cell, Toga*, Toothless, Topanga, Vector, Venus
*Extra Credit – an 8-ct Bodybuilder Apocalypse from 0515-0525
Welcome, disclaimer, and medium mosey over to field for COP:
- SSH x 21
- WMH x 8
- LBAC x 8 F/R
- Reverse Flyes (Ws) x 8
Count off 1-3 (starting with
Bad Boy *whoops* Screwball). 1s are with YHC, 2s with SoonMeal, and 3s with Pedialyte. Each group starts at one of three stations and rotates through roughly every 10 minutes. YHC gave a template to the co-Qs but encouraged them to make it their own. Read on for all iterations!
Group 1 – PA
- Station 1 – Track
- “8 Track” – PAX complete descending reps of Ab Thrusters 8>1 with a lap around track after each set (it’s a 200m track).
- Soundtrack – “Reelin’ in the Years” – Steely Dan, “Born to Run” – Bruce Springsteen
- Station 2 – The Hill (off side of track)
- OTD in 1985, Super Mario was first released, so PAX performed a “Super Mario Ladder” – 8 Jump Squats at the bottom (Mario on land), Bernie to top, 8 4-ct Flutter Kicks at the top (Mario in water), run back down. Descend ladder subtracting one rep from each exercise each round all the way to 1.
- Soundtrack – “Overworld Theme,” “Starman Theme,” and “Underwater Theme” – Super Mario Bros. soundtrack; “Killing in the Name (8-bit Version)” – Rage Against the Machine
- Station 3 – Jungle Gym/Swing Set
- “Hangin’ 8s” – 7 pull-ups and 1 Underdog (row on swing), 6 pull-ups and 2 underdogs…1 pull-up and 7 Underdogs.
- Soundtrack – “Sultans of Swing” – Dire Straits, “Swing Swing” – The All-American Rejects
Group 2 – SoonMeal
- Station 1 – abs for 20 count with 1 lap between.
- Station 2 – 8 count ladder with squats on the bottom, Bernie up the hill, four count flutter kicks at the top.
- Station 3 – Underdogs aka Down Unders and dips rotating for duration.
Group 3 – Pedialyte
- Station 1 – 8 reps each of WW1’s, V-ups, American hammers followed by 1 lap. 16 reps of each followed by 2 laps. 24 reps of each.
- Station 2 – Ladder with jump squats at the top, Iron Mikes (jump lunges) at the bottom.
- Station 3 – Same as Group 1, but we finished early and did bear crawls from one side of track to the other then 5 burpees, repeating until rotation.
Reconvene at midfield for everybody’s favorite, Jack Webb. 1 Merkin on Q’s call of “down” followed by 2 Air Presses. 2 and 4, 3 and 6,…8 and 16. #crowdpleaser
4MOM honoring the place this whole thing started:
- Sit-ups x 8
- Elbow to Knee (L) x8
- V-ups x 8
- Imperial Walkers x 8
- Elbow to Knee (R) x 8
- Reverse Crunch x 8
Quick photo op, sports team bleacher-style (thanks, Haggis), and mosey back to lot for COT/BOM.
T-claps to Oatmeal, Sooner, and Pedialyte for combining forces to deliver this special workout as well as T-Cell, Toothless, and Michelin Man who also played a part in making this happen. So much leadership on display!
On an occasion such as this, it was only fitting to pass the Nantan baton, and I had the honor, as CCR’s delegate in his regrettable absence, of passing it to none other than Michelin Man. We are grateful for CCR’s gracious service to F3 Nashville and move forward with excitement and anticipation of great things in the Michelin Man era. If I may speak for him, I believe if he would have you remember just one thing from this season, it would be that “you are freed to lead.” Don’t forget it!
- Welcome to FNG Spencer Westcott aka Haggis!
- Be on the lookout for more special events as we add them to the calendar. There’s an appetite for them amongst the PAX, so let’s work together to deliver!
Always a pleasure,