19 PAX emerged from their holiday food comas to get a little better.
PAX: PA, T-cell, Crablegs, Firefox, Toothless, Bareback, Covenant Eyes, Crawlspace, Money Snake, Michelin Man, Blue Mule, Tiny Dancer, Turncoat (WL from Charlotte), en fuego, Miss Cleo, CTE (Kotters!), Fur Trapper (FNG), Bongo Java (FNG), Vector (QIC)
Conditions: Balmy, mid-50s.
Playlist: To keep the PAX informed of important events in popular music, YHC crafted a playlist of the 2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominees (see also https://www.rockhall.com/class-2020-nominees). An eclectic mix for sure (I’m partial to Depeche Mode and NIN myself). Of note, likely the only time Judas Priest makes a Vector-patented playlist. I’ve starred those that I think make it in to the Hall for 2020:
Enjoy the Silence – Depeche Mode*
Bang a Gong (Get It On) – T. Rex*
I Feel for You – Chaka Khan
Hit Me With Your Best Shot – Pat Benatar*
Head Like a Hole – Nine Inch Nails
China Grove – Doobie Brothers*
You’ve Got Another Thing Coming – Judas Priest
I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me) – Whitney Houston
So Much to Say – Dave Mathews Band
Spoonman – Soundgarden*
[Ended Here for Time but Full Playlist Below for Your Listening Pleasure]
The Boys are Back in Town – Thin Lizzy
Mo Money Mo Problems – Notorious B.I.G.*
Bang the Drum All Day – Todd Rundgren
Ace of Spades – Motorhead
Autobahn – Kraftwerk
(Sorry, MC5 — don’t know any of your songs so not on the playlist)
Warm-o-rama: Mosey to circle by McCabe Pro Shop for SSH x 26 (to celebrate Toothless’s 26th birthday on Dec 26), Cherry Pickers x 12, Willy Mayes Hayes x 12, LBAC x 12, Overhead Press x 12, Reverse LBAC x 12, Good Mornings x 12 OYO, High Knees x 12
Mosey to top of hill for some 11s. Jump squats at the top, merkins (of whatever type pushes you the most) at the bottom. DIDs for those who finish early.
Mosey to playground and partner up for DORA: 100 Pull-ups, 200 Big Boy Sit-Ups, 300 Squats; Partner runs around Rec Center.
Mary: Flutter Kicks, Crunchy Happy Frogs, and too many American Hammers until time.
- Welcome FNGs Fur Trapper (Family line goes back to the founders of Nashville) and Bongo Java (Works at coffeehouse [NOT Bongo Java] and plays drums – I mean, it was like a T-ball shot to name him).
- Have to admit, this older HIM really enjoys when the younger PAX start to mumblechatter about the degree of difficulty of the workout. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
- Prayers for Bad Boy, Hipster, and Boone’s Farm, recovering from procedures and medical issues.
- NY Day convergence at 0700 at The Hill. Come sweat out all of that beer, bourbon, White Claw (nasty, dude, just nasty), or whatever you imbibe the night before. Start 2020 out right with some HIM.
- 17 for coffeeteria at Charbucks with some surprise snacks c/o Money Snake. Tasted a bit cindery but delicious. We won’t speak from whence they came (#streetdonuts):
- As always, an honor to lead you, as you push me every time I come out. Thank you.