CONDITIONS: Temp was mid-seventies, not humid, less light every morning.
PAX: Bad Boy, Reveille, Harvey Updike, Fetch, Right Said, Crawlspace, Razor, Venus, ABC, Craig Thompson (FNG), Vital Signs, Crab Legs, Blue Mule ,Keep the Change, DaVinci, Trapper Keeper, Porcelain, Hambone, T-Cell, Hi-Viz
QIC: Studio 42
WARM-UP/CoP: Mosey to the amphitheater (aka to McDonalds for that wonderfully greasy aroma) for a warm-up
- Side Straddle Hops (20 IC)
- Seal Claps (20 IC)
- Squats (20 IC)
- Overhead Claps (20 IC)
- Clap Merkins (15)
- Mountain Climbers (15 IC)
- Willie Mays Hays (10 IC)
1st Indian Run
- 1 mile loop around park, 2 lines in tandem (well, it started that way…), Pax in rear does 5 jump squats, then sprints to the front
88, Ain’t it great… to do this with a partner instead of on your own.
- Mosey to the playground and partner up, do each exercise for 88 rep’s switching with your partner after 8 rep’s (or whenever suits you), partner counts when not doing rep’s
- Pull-up’s on the monkey bars
- Monkey Humpers
- Incline Merkins on the picnic bench
- Jump Squats
2nd Indian Run
- A short run, then back to the start for Mary
- Head to the statue platform for Hands of Time
- Finished with some Burpees and Good Mornings
- Friendly Friday this week, so bring a friend.
- Be praying for Bad Boy and his wife as they navigate some difficult waters.
- Shoutout to FNG Craig Thompson, now known as “Soft Wood” (briefly known as “Hatchet”… sorry brother, it was an incredible name for like 10 seconds).
It was a pleasure leading you men for my VQ today, just what I needed in the middle of a trying week. I’ve only been with y’all for a month, but it’s been a great month – awesome to be part of a group of men that are pushing me to be a better version of who God intended me to be.
Studio 42 out.