Summer in all its fun, humid glory is right around the corner, and with it come all sorts of distractions and challenges like vacations, heat, lake days, and more that will threaten to keep us from accelerating our lives on a daily basis. As my brothers in the Nashville PAX, I want to ensure we hold each other accountable and continue to engage in the mission of invigorating male community leadership in Nashville and beyond. With that, I’d like to introduce to you the 2018 Ironclad Challenge.
Should you accept the challenge, you will actively participate in the three F’s of Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith by completing the following from June 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018:
1st F – The Magnet – Improve your Fitness
- Post 40 times (avg. 3/week)
- Post five times at AOs you don’t normally attend (vacation AOs count!)
- Q three times (once/month)
2nd F – The Glue – Strengthen your Fellowship
- Attend at least three 2nd F events
- Attend three coffeeterias (or stick around in the case of tailgate coffeeteria)
- Bring one FNG
3rd F – The Dynamite - Make an Impact
- Participate in two 3rd F opportunities. This can be a study of religious text, community service (*cough* BrewRuck *cough*), or some other opportunity that involves thinking outside of your own interests.
- Read one book on leadership (>200 pages)
Additionally, you must complete one CSAUP in the 13-week period (*cough* BrewRuck *cough*). This can be a 5K, triathlon, Spartan race, GORUCK challenge, Warpath, etc. No, the Ironclad doesn’t count.
For successful completion of all requirements of the 2018 Ironclad Challenge, you will receive an IRONCLAD patch and the satisfaction of knowing you’ve made an impact in your community and overcome the lure of summertime laziness. Additionally, all those deemed “Ironclad” will have earned the opportunity to purchase a custom IRONCLAD tee to show off at your next workout.
Fill out this form and submit your $5 registration fee* to @gregory-fenske on Venmo (preferred) or email@example.com on PayPal. If you must use cash, give it to your Site Q or me. Deadline to register is 6/8/2018.
*Entry fees cover patch costs and are non-refundable, but should you fail to complete the challenge, the money will go into a general F3 Nashville fund to be used for more fun events.
A FEW NOTES:
- F3 Nashville’s Weasel Shaker, T-Cell, will be tracking 1st and 2nd F participation with the help of 1st F and 2nd F Qs, Bagger Vance and Foggy Pirate. 3rd F will not be formally tracked and will be on the honor system, but please reach out to me on Slack to let me know what you’ve done as I’m genuinely interested.
- Participation in regularly scheduled workouts will be tracked through backblasts. If you Q a workout, it is your responsibility to post a backblast, ideally within in 24 hours. Failure to do so will most certainly draw the ire of the PAX and public shaming. If you need access to post, contact our COMZ Q, Hambone.
- If you organize a Black Ops workout, Ruck opportunity, etc., that is not regularly scheduled, you are responsible for posting a backblast on the website with the PAX list to ensure everyone receives credit.
- Rucking or running before a regular workout should be considered as one post for tracking purposes.
- 2nd F will be handled with a list of PAX in attendance submitted to Foggy Pirate and me via Slack. A backblast is optional, but photo evidence is encouraged!
- If you have questions, please direct them to me, and I will do my best to answer them.
Looking forward to an impactful summer with you all!