QIC: Princess Aurora
The PAX: Bagger Vance, D’Mish, Big Bang, Spicoli, Tortoise, Bartman, T-Cell, Porcelain, Bicentennial Man, Concrete, The Jeweler, Babe the Blue Ox (FNG), Braddock, Hambone, Blue Mule, Grisham, Edible Arrangement, Deep Dish, Numb Tucks, Braveheart, Frugal MacDoogal, Big Stick (LIFO), Cowboy, Hi-Viz, Hustler (LIFO), Pretty Plies (FNG), Ludwig Von Osh Kosh, Offshore, Venus, Private Sandman, Webelo (FNG), Black Widow, Funyuns, Leatherneck
35 brave souls (33 of which were on time) dove headlong into a crisp start to 2018. At 7 degrees with the wind giving us a real feel of -6, this is and will probably continue to be the coldest F3 Nashville workout on record.
Started with a quick mosey down and back up the parking lot to give folks enough time to sign the standard FRA waiver, and then quickly headed over to the track, throwing in some side shuffles along the way. Circle up at the 50 for disclaimer and WOR, all exercises IC:
- SSH x 20
- SnL Squats x 18
- WMH x 20
- Imperial Walkers x 18
Count off 1 through 5 and line up in columns along goal line. Instructions are for PAX 1 to alternate Walk Duck and Backpedal every 10 yards through the 50 before sprinting to opposite end zone. Remaining PAX are to begin when PAX in front gets to 10 yard line and to SSH while waiting. RnR back across the field. That’s Round 1. Round 2 was the Simian Shuffle alternating left and right, and Round 3 was Duck Walk and Broad Jump Squats (Jump Squat immediately followed by Broad Jump) #crowdpleaser.
Next up was a modified mile run. PAX perform 20 Merkins and 18 Squat Jacks followed by a lap. Repeat x3 and plank and wait for six. Big Stick and Hustler decided it was a good time to show up somewhere around Lap 2, and we were glad to have them!
Count off 1 through 5 and line up in columns along the goal line again. This time, PAX 1 sprints the length of the field while remaining PAX cycle through 18 reps each of Carolina Dry Docks, WWI Sit-Ups, and Jump Lunges. Once PAX 1 crosses the opposite goal line, he signals to the next PAX to begin his sprint. Continue to complete the cycle until the last PAX crosses. In keeping with my mantra for this year of “Better Than Yesterday,” we decided to up the speed a bit. First round was completed in 2:40, so the goal was 2:30. After crushing that in 2:08 or something, we decided to take a crack at the two-minute barrier. 1:57!
Through with the huffing and puffing, we circled up for Mary.
- LBCs x 18
- Flutter Kicks x 18
- Rosalitas x 18
- Side Leg Raises L/R x 18
- Plank x 18″ plus…
…to send us out, one at a time, each PAX performed 18 Merkins. Upon completion and moving counterclockwise, the next PAX began his reps. We were probably 10 PAX in when it was wisely decided that each PAX would go when the previous one got to 9.
All in! COT/BOM with Shout-out by Bagger.
- TClaps/Darwin Award to Big Bang for rocking short sleeves. That’s a lovely shade of red on your arms now.
- Welcome FNGs Tyler Jones aka Babe the Blue Ox, Ben Weber aka Webelo, and David Gensheimer aka Pretty Plies. F3 is glad to have you, especially if you’re the kind of man who would make his first post in these conditions.
- Big thanks to Frugal for offering up The Hill and more importantly for the coffeeteria.
- Warpath with F3 Franklin begins at 0500 this Saturday. 300 minutes of fun!
- Prayers for those who have lost loved ones this year. Reach out as you are able and take time to cherish your own loved ones.
- Having the opportunity to lead the NYD workout for 4 years now has been amazing. Thank you all for going along with my shenanigans and cursing me (lovingly) under your breath. It’s truly a privilege, and I’ve enjoyed watching this thing continue to grow. Keep at it this year!
- Go Tigers.